Proper Decorum during Golf
Is it your first time playing golf? It would be wise to know the basic things to do Beforeplaying golf .
1. When you booked for a tee off you have to make sure that you are early or on time as You have to be courteous to other players. Additionally you should not perform any practice swings.
2. In talking about where you stand, the golf player should stand at the right of another player while taking a shot and never ever do it behind a player this is because it is important not to get ahead of anyone who is also playing.
3. If you’re going to take A piece of turf Using your 60 degree vokey Wedge, do not forget to always fix the pitch marks on the green.
4. If you’ve lost a ball, Then you should know that you must continue with the provisional ball but you will have the penalty of one stroke but this does not apply if the ball was lost in a water hazard therefore you should do your best to look for the ball to stop playing the provisional shot.
5. Mind your actions as it should not slow down the play because there will be a group of players will also be waiting to take turns in playing.
6. The sandtrap or a bunker is a challenging Play than grass, and if you want to then you can use it even a for a first timer however one important calls etiquette that you should not forget is to use your clubhead or your 60 degree vokey wedge to rake the sandpit but it is much better if you have a bunker rake.
7. It is completely understandable that it is very exciting as a first timer to play golf on the green however you are not the only person or group on the field and it is only appropriate to wait for both players ahead of yours to be done playing on the green. Never intentionally or unintentionally place your bag or golf cart on the green but just leave them on the site next to you so that it will be easy for you to enter once they are done.
Don’t walk on your opponent’s putting line but if you’re going to mark the position of your ball then do it by using a ball marker directly just behind the ball, but if it will interfere with anothergolf players line then you can just mark on the side, also don’t forget to replace the ball from where you picked it up.
9. Hitting a ball that will surely hit someone, is a very tense experience But you should keep a sound mind and shout “fore”.
To enjoy playing golf one must observe the etiquette along side this game.